We came across the following table recently, listing mobile GIS topics.
Interesting. Obviously only a subset of the potential uses of mobile GIS. But worth reprinting. From the mobile app development work we are doing, key mobile requests from clients are:
- Visualization – I want to see my data while in the field
- GIS Data collection – dynamic updates from the field of data – add, delete and edit
- Multimedia data collection – photos, audio, video collected, stored and tied to location
- Field specific tools – measure, geolocation (zoom to where i am on the map), identify, search based on current location
- Offline – disconnected mobile GIS
Let us know your areas of interest in mobile GIS.