This week Esri launched ArcGIS Marketplace; a one stop shop for ArcGIS focused applications. Finally users can discover mobile, Web and desktop GIS applications simply and easily. Esri have made the site intuitive, with excellent search capabilities and categories. Want a GIS application targeted at your industry or sector, ArcGIS Marketplace simplifies the discovery process. In our view ArcGIS MarketPlace is a big hit.
Disconnected Mobile Editing App
We published our Disconnected Mobile Editing App in the Marketplace yesterday and have received an amazing response.
A demo version of the mobile app is available via marketplace providing the following:
1) Cross-platform, so runs on both iPads and Android tablets
2) Displays web maps and editable layers hosted in ArcGIS Online
3) Allows the editing of point, line and polygon features
4) Includes the ability to attach images to features
5) Geolocate map and feature.
6) Highly configurable, so the look and feel of the app can be altered by members of the disaster assessment team.
7) Extensible; adjustments can be made quickly to customize the app for client and situational needs.
We are very impressed with ArcGIS Marketplace. Finally it is easy to find GIS focused tools and applications.